A great way to taste new beersDon’t miss out! Many breweries offer beer subscription boxes, or beer discovery clubs, which can be a great way to taste new beers and to find out exactly what kind of beer is for you! With a substantial amount of UK breweries, there are more than enough subscription boxes to sink your teeth into. Here are our top picks! From £19.90 Flavourly are a team of experienced adventurers (with “unparalleled palettes”), based in Edinburgh, that want to help their community discover the great tastes of craft beer. Flavourly don’t let their subscription boxes fall short on anything – they check that all their bottles are to the highest standard and expertly taste their beers to make sure they’re nothing short of perfect. In order to make their boxes as great as they can be, Flavourly are guided by their many customer reviews, that give constructive criticism where needs be (and a whole lot of praise). Beer is a huge market, and often you can’t go to the bar without being stumped for choice (but choosing your usual anyway because why risk it, right?).
Choose your taste:Flavourly’s subscription box will let you discover a new favourite and make your tastes that little bit more refined. You can choose a box of 8 light beers such as Blonde, IPA, Whitbier and more. Otherwise, you can get a mixed box of 4 light beers and 4 dark beers, which will contain some of the aforementioned and others such as Stout, Black IPA and Scotch Ale. The difference between light and dark beer is in the roasting process: for lighter beers the grains are roasted for a shorter period of time then the darker beers, effecting the flavour profile. Darker beers are a lot richer and more intense than the crisp and floral light beers, so it depends on your personal taste which box you’ll choose.
In Your Box:
- 8 Craft Beers
- Flavourly Magazine Edition
- Royal Mail 48 Hour Tracked Delivery £5.95
- Free UK Delivery on orders over £50
- Easy to cancel
2. BelgiBeerFrom £21.99 Much like the ever-growing subscription box industry, the craft beer craze is only getting bigger. That coupled with the rise of ecommerce success are the makings of a brilliant idea: BelgiBeer. BelgiBeer are experts in beer from Belgium. They’re travelling through Belgium and around Europe to find the best beers possible, all while supporting micro economies. By cutting out the middleman, BelgiBeer connect beer makers with beer drinkers and ensure an order of extremely fresh beer is delivered to your door every time you want it. The guys at BelgiBeer are seeking out the rarest craft beers they can find in order to give all beer experts out there a surprising and great taste every time.
Choose a size:You can choose between a jumbo box (12 beers)* which is recommended for the experts or a Best Seller Box (8 beers)* for beer lovers. You will get a surprise in your box each month, too. Such as a glass, t-shirt or beermats as well as information on all of your beers. Also, BelgiBeer make sure you never get the same beer twice: these subscriptions are all about discovery and they’re proud to make every box different. **Sizes and amounts may change depending on breweries.
In Your Box:
- Jumbo Box – 12 bottled beers
- Best Sellers Box – 8 bottled beers
- Gifts from breweries
- Information on your beers
- Jumbo Box – £27.99
- Best Sellers Box – £21.99
- Pick up at collection point – £3/month
- Home delivery – £4.90/month
- Express home delivery – £29 first month then £4.90/following months
- Express collection point – £14 first month then £3/following months
- Cancel easily
View this post on Instagram
Live from Poperinge ????????! Are you guys familiar with this fresh hop beer ????? Hop harvest is just round the corner! And we’ll have a surprise lined up for you in September…???? . . . #deplukker #bier #poperinge #hops #hop #freshhops #freshhop #freshhopbeer #krissenjoris #belgianbeer #craftbeer #craftbelgianbeer #biere #birra #belgium #belgium????????
3. Beer 52From £24 Beer 52 was founded in 2013 by two friends, James and Fraser, after James was inspired by a motorcycle trip he took with his dad. On this trip James and his father stopped at breweries in Belgium and discovered their love for craft beer. After this, James and Fraser decided to take on the rest of the world’s breweries in search of the perfect beer. 49 countries, 213 breweries and 709 new beers later and Beer 52 is the most popular beer discovery club in the UK. Their mission is to build a community around the love of craft beer, so they reward customers for rating and reviewing all of their products as well as engaging with their adventures in their magazine, Ferment.
Choose a size:Again, Beer52 have the option to choose either a mixed beer box or a light beers only box which are sent out monthly and based around a different theme each time. Their boxes consist of 8-12 beers in either cans or bottles, a 100-page copy of their Ferment Magazine and (the best part) a perfectly paired snack.
In Your Box
- 8 – 12 beers (either all light or some light, some dark)
- 100-page copy of Ferment
- 1 beer snack (such as Soffles Pitta Chips)
- 8 beers – £24
- 10 beers – £29
- 12 beers – £34
- Delivered every month, 2 months or 3 months
- You can easily skip one delivery, pause your subscription or cancel at any time
- Free standard delivery
- Track your delivery
From £22.50 Best of British Beer are on a mission to show some love for Britain’s finest independent breweries. The British beer industry is now saturated with over 1400 breweries, which is the highest it’s been since the 1940s, making this the perfect time to indulge in some of the products that have served the inhabitants of this country for many years. Best of British Beer only stock from independent companies and work closely with breweries to give their customers a personal experience and the freshest possible beer. Mixing up the sizes: Each box includes either 6 or 12 500ml beers (or the occasional 330ml if the quality shines through), a pub quiz to play while you discover your new beers and some tasting notes to teach you about the flavours of each beer. You can choose a rolling subscription or a variety of others; their 12 month “Beer for a Year” subscription proves extremely popular as a gift. Think birthdays, anniversaries, fathers’ day – any time you want to give a present to a beer lover in your life, this box is great. You even get a complimentary beer glass in your first box!View this post on Instagram
This month it’s time for Thornbridge’s quintessential summer festival @peakender ???????????? Artwork: @lukeskatie @thornbridge x @harbourbrewing x @tinyrebelbrewco x @fyneales x @northernmonk x @magicrockbrewing x @hawksheadbrewery #beer52 #peakender #craftbeer #summerfestival #beerdelivery
In Your Box:
- 12 or 6 craft beers
- 1 pub quiz
- Tasting notes
- Glass (first box only)
- 6 beers – from £22.50
- 12 beers – from £7.50
- Beer for a Year – £155
- UK standard delivery – £5.95
- UK next day – £7.99
- Free UK delivery on orders over 2 items
View this post on Instagram
We’re proud to now be the official online partners of Lancaster Brewery. Find out more about this award winning, independent brewery on our blog and maybe even treat yourself to a few of their delicious beers. #breweryfulfilment #onlinedistribution #bestofbritishbeer #craftbeer #independentbusiness #independentbreweries
5. Honest BrewFrom £22.90 Honest Brew was founded by Andrew and Frank after they met at a party and developed a friendship in the name of craft beer. They thought they’d be able to make some decent beers but, when that fell short, they recruited Craig who put them in touch with the right people and “right then and there, Honest Brew was born”. Now stocking over 300 beers and shipping out cases and cases of beer each month, Honest Brew are a well-loved beer company with a knack for matching beer to your tastes. Honest Brew offer a flexible subscription service so that you can get your beers when it suits you best. Your options are a mixed box, IPAs and Pales and, if you become a member, you can choose your own beers. Most of their beers are 330ml with the occasional 350ml, 440ml or 500ml and are of the highest quality; the beers they stock can’t be found in local supermarkets, and if there’s ever a problem with quality they are responsive and friendly when it comes to customer service. Bonus points: Honest Brew use 100% recyclable packaging.
In Your Box:
- 6, 9 or 12 specially chosen craft beers (usually 330ml)
- 6 beers – £22.90
- 9 beers – £29.90
- 12 beers – £36.90
- Free standard delivery
- Express UK delivery – £6.49
- Get beers weekly, fortnightly, monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly
- Cancel, pause, skip at any time
6. BeerBodsFrom £36 BeerBods was initially a group of friends drinking beer in a shed. Founder, Matt’s, sole intention was to persuade his friends to drink better beer, and when his beer tasting club grew into an online beer tasting club, BeerBods became the UK’s first beer subscription service. As “one of the 100 most innovative, disruptive and resourceful small businesses” in the UK BeerBods is making serious waves in the online Beer Club industry and now has its very own BeerBods Magazine, BeerBods Live, BeerBods for business and even a “Build Your Own Case” option.
Free delivery!With sturdy packaging and free delivery, there isn’t much that can go wrong here. Each month you’ll receive 12 fresh, hand-picked beers at around £3 per bottle! If you find the same beer for a cheaper price somewhere else, BeerBods will refund you! Most of their subscribers drink just one beer a week, reviewing it together just like the original shed-tasting days – but you can do what you like, although the nature of this subscription is similar to that of a club. Customers will also receive an email telling the story behind the beer; “beer just tastes better when you know more about it.” In Your Box:
- 12 hand-picked beers
- The story behind the beer
- £36 per box
- Free UK delivery
- Cancel any time
7. EeBriaFrom £28 EeBria are passionate about the Craft Drinks Revolution and set out originally to change the way the people of Britain buy beer. Their idea for an online beer marketplace came about when the founders struggled to find a highly rated brewery – they knew there had to be an easier way to find great beer, and they made it. Their fresh and rare beers are packaged by the exact same people who make them, giving this subscription a personal touch as well as cutting out a lot of intermediaries. EeBria’s Brewery Club allows subscribers to discover a new brewery each month; sending out 6-12 of the best beers from a singular brewery’s whole range. Although EeBria vow to only showcase the cream of UK breweries, they never repeat the same one in a 2-year period (and if it is repeated eventually, they never repeat a beer) which gives an insight into how much the UK beer industry is booming right now. Along with the beers, the box also includes tasting notes and insider info about the brewery and its brewers.
In Your Box:
- 6-12 beers ranging from light to dark ale
- Tasting notes
- Info about the selected brewery
- £28 per box
- £5.99 per month
- Choose to get boxes monthly, bimonthly or quarterly.
Made up your mind?These are our favourite beer subscription boxes, although there are many, many more to choose from. All of these boxes are perfect for
- Supporting local companies,
- Discovering new beer and
- Being part of a community.